A tinted moisturizer is the best option for your face during everyday summer makeup. The biggest advantage being, that it sits on the skin comfortably without clogging the pores. Also some of them come with SPF which is an added advantage. If you are not very comfortable wearing makeup, a tinted moisturizer can be your good pick. It gives sheer coverage at the same times feels light like a moisturizer. I picked up elf tinted moisturizer in the shade Ivory, it also has an SPF 20, so it looked like a good pick for summers. I have been using this since some time.
This comes in an outer cardboard packaging, inside of which we have a matte black easy squeeze tube packaging. A screw cap ensures that there is no spillage. The nozzle gives control over the quantity.
The shade name is written only on the cardboard packaging and not on the tube, which is quite inconvenient. If you have multiple tubes, then you are going to have a difficult time locating the shade.
Though the packaging doesn’t look very classy, but keeping in mind the affordability of the product, I wouldn’t complaint. The directions for use are written at the back, so that makes it user friendly.
Wearability and Coverage
The tinted moisturizer lasts well for 6 hours. Though the product says that it needs to be reapplied after every 2 hours, but I have been comfortable wearing it for 6 hours.
It gives a sheer to medium coverage. I like it for an everyday use because it looks really natural.
Quality and Texture
Talking of quality and texture, I have noticed a few things her.
- The blending is a big issue, If you are applying it with fingers, it takes a little longer to blend into the skin completely. I like to apply it with a damp beauty blender for a more effortless blending.
- The products looks slight patchy, if you see closely, you would notice small flaky patches, which disappear if you blend the product in the direction of facial hair.
- It sits on the dry patches of the skin, and hence looks flaky.
- It feels slightly heavy on the face, but gives a natural velvety matte finish.
- This smells like yogurt!
Why it couldn’t make 5/5?
- The yogurt smell is annoying.
- Blending is a big issue.
- It looks flaky on the dry skin areas.