So many of you requested a Step-by-Step tutorial on how to apply makeup. I was thrilled and excited to share a video for the same. Not every one of us is comfortable wearing makeup, I get so many questions on primer… foundation… eyeshadows… etc.. etc.. I tried my best to make this video simple and easy for every beginner to learn how to apply makeup.
How to apply makeup? Tutorial for Beginners
There is absolutely nothing intimidating about applying makeup… It gets better with practice. I would like to share a few points that a beginner should keep in mind while applying makeup.
- ‘Less is More’ – You don’t have to put on everything that you have in your vanity… go slow! This rule stands for everyone
- Neutrals First – It’s best to play with neutral, soft shades when you starting with your makeup journey, that way your mistakes would be easily hidden.
- Know your best-suited shades – Not every color is for everyone… It’s important that you play around with shades like pink, peach, brown, caramel and see what works best for your complexion.
- Right Brushes – In fact, I should mark this as the most important point! You have to invest in quality brushes and by that, I do not mean expensive… you can find some really good inexpensive stuff online. During my initial YouTubing days, I filmed a video on 5 Essential Makeup Tools, will list that down for you to check and that is all you would need. And P.S: those little sponge applicators that you get in eyeshadow palettes are of no use at all… Don’t ever use that!
- Pick Right Products – To be able to pick right products, you need to know your skin type well. If you have oily skin, use mattifying primer and foundation and opt for powder blushes or highlighters. Whereas, people with dry skin should opt for hydrating primers and foundations and cream blushes or highlighters.
Primer: Emani Perfect10 Primer Serum
Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser
Tinted Moisturizer/ Foundation: ELF Tinted Moisturizer
Concealer: Profusion Conceal Palette
Blush & Highlighter: Profusion Eye and Cheek Palette
Contour: Profusion Conceal Palette
Eyes: Profusion Eye and Cheek Palette
Profusion Liquid Eyeliner Pen
Lancome Monsieur Big Mascara
Lips: Maybelline Inti-matte Almond Rose
I hope this blog and tutorial helps you get started with your makeup journey well! 😀 I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments section below.