Maybelline has recently launched a new range of creamy matte lipsticks in 20 shades, tough I have come across only 12 of them! I personally prefer matte lipsticks as they are long lasting. But the only reason I ever give it a miss, is how dry and sometimes even patchy it feels during and after application. I picked 4 shades:
1. Peach Personality – It’s a nude orangy peach lipcolor perfect for day or office wear. I have noticed this shade turning slightly patchy, but works well if you apply it with a brush or just rub it slightly with a finger. You can see me wearing it here.
2. Lively Violet – This one is a soft mauve, a shade I have never worn before.
3. Rock the Coral – A bright coral which I often wear during dinners and parties, Its highly pigmented, lasts really long but one thing disappointing about this shade is that it changes color to a bright magenta pink after a few hours! You can see me wearing it here.
4. Mysterious Mocha – A soft brown, browns I usually don’t wear, this is by first buy!
Here is my take on the product:
It comes in a matte black hard plastic case with a strip of color.
The lipstick feels extremely smooth, silky and creamy during and after application. And the look is rich matte. Ever since I have started using this creamy matte range, I have quit using my other matte lipsticks!
The color stays easily for 8 hours, I don’t have to give it a touch up every now and then.
All the shades come with a soft fruity fragrance which makes you want more of it. I absolutely love the soft scent which lasts for about 30 minutes even after the application.
Maybelline is always so pocket friendly!!
4.25/5 (Highly Recommended for Matte Lipstick lovers)
Why it couldn’t make 5/5?
1. Slight patchy look in the shade peach personality
2. Its prabably too soft and fragile, 2 of the 4 lipsticks already broke (got separated from the base, but still very much in a usable condition) inspite of my careful handling!