Hope you had a great festive week and I am sure the Diwali excitement must have taken over already… I have been experimenting with a variety of looks these days… Thanks to the festive month! I decided to try on a medium brown smokey eye makeup with a nude glossy lip color. Since I had worn this look for a day outing, I decided to keep it demure yet substantial, so I skipped using a pair of false lashes. Had it been for a night party, I would have surely added a pair of false lashes.
DIY BB Cream
(You can have a look at the tutorial HERE)
Maybelline Fit Me Blush – Medium Nude
Lakme Absolute Gloss Addict
(You can read the full review and can check out the other shades HERE)
Maybelline Fashion Brow – Brown
Maybelline Falsies Mascara
Lakme Iconic Kajal – Brown
(As the eye-shadow base and to line the lower lash line)
Maybelline Nudes Palette BUY HERE
(ShadeNo. 1 – In the Inner corner of the eye
ShadeNo. 5 – In the crease
ShadeNo. 8 – In the outer V of the eye and outer 1/3rd of the lower lash line
ShadeNo. 7 – On the upper lid)
Tips For Wearing Brown Smokey Eye Makeup during the day
- DO define your brows. DON’T go too dark.
- DO conceal your under eye area if you have dark circles else the brown smokey eye makeup will make you look like Manjulika 😛
- Skip dramatic false lashes, if at all required, you can use the individual lashes or a good mascara can do the needful.
- DO NOT make the inner corner of the lower lash line too smoked out. (not suitable for a day wear smokey look)
- Opt for a medium brown over a dark brown look.
- Keep the blush very subtle. DONOT use a bright pink one at all!
Hope this post was helpful, let me know what you think in the comments section below.