Change of season brings not only cold and flu but also bad hair! This time my hair absolutely refused to listen to me and seemed to be living a life of their own.
I am a person who doesn’t like to experiment with new products on my hair. The side effects dread me! I had been noticing a lot of frizziness and hairfall since a few weeks now. I knew it was the changing weather behind the damage but I had to bring in something to stop the spoilage. I decided to stick to my weekly oiling routine. That did help but the results weren’t satisfying. I knew it was time to bring additional help into action!
I headed to the departmental store in search of a perfect mate for my hair. Studied various products and their specifications and finally picked up Garnier Fructis Oil In Cream. I have been using it since a week now and it’s time for a review!!
It comes in an easy squeeze tube. Love the bright yellow/orange packaging…. and it’s also travel friendly (I love travel friendly, glittery, nicely packaged products in general)
HOW TO APPLY
The product can be applied in 3 ways:
- Over night You can massage it on your scalp and hair and leave it over night for deep nourishment
- Before Hair Wash You can massage it on your scalp and hair about 30 minutes prior shampooing
- After Hair Wash You can use it on the length and ends (NOT roots) when your hair are still damp but the excess of water is removed.
I normally have straight (slight wavy sometimes) hair, with sometimes oily scalp and dry ends! They were perfectly fine a few years back but streaking made it behave abnormally!! Anyway, coming back… so lately I felt my hair becoming extremely frizzy after shampooing (even after using a conditioner). I used Garnier Fructis Oil-In-Cream on the length and ends after hair wash (and removing excess of water with a towel) and let it air dry.
The results I would say are satisfactory. My hair are less frizzy… I wouldn’t say that the frizz is gone completely… but it is cured to a great extent, They are much more manageable and my hair fall rate dropped drastically in 1 use! The fragrance is very similar to tresme conditioner and lasts for a day. Also the formula is completely non-sticky.
I even tried using it before wash, by massaging it on my scalp and hair but this way I noticed my roots looked slightly oily, so I dropped the idea of using it overnight.
I shampoo my hair thrice a week and use this product after every alternate wash (which makes it 1-2 a week) as my hair tend to look oily and flat if used after every wash. Another important thing worth mentioning here is, DO NOT use this product after oiling and shampooing, the look you get would be too oily!
The product did help It helped me by reducing hair fall and frizz. But over usage does lead to oily looking hair due to which I don’t feel very happy about the product.
Rs. 60/- for 100gms
You can get it easily at departmental stores or can get it online HERE
WHY IT COULDN’T MAKE 5/5?
- The frizzyness is controlled to some extent but isn’t gone completely as the product claims
- My scalp feels slight oily after wash when the product is massaged onto the scalp prior shampooing.
- Cannot be used after a session of oil massage and shampooing (I have even tried shampooing twice after oiling, still on applying the product, hair look too oily)