Outdoor day makeup can sometimes fall flat if you pick the wrong products… Sometimes the foundation oxidizes and turns orangey, sometimes the eyeshadow is blinding or the highlighter can make you look like a bulb! The key is to keep it soft and simple by using softer shades and lesser shimmer.
Hope you had a great festive week and I am sure the Diwali excitement must have taken over already… I have been experimenting with a variety of looks these days… Thanks to the festive month! I decided to try on a medium brown smokey eye makeup with a nude glossy lip color. Since I had worn this look for a day outing, I decided to keep it demure yet substantial, so I skipped using a pair of false lashes. Had it been for a night party, I would have surely added a pair of false lashes.
DIY BB Cream
(You can have a look at the tutorial HERE)
Maybelline Fit Me Blush – Medium Nude
Lakme Absolute Gloss Addict
(You can read the full review and can check out the other shades HERE)
Maybelline Fashion Brow – Brown
Maybelline Falsies Mascara
Lakme Iconic Kajal – Brown
(As the eye-shadow base and to line the lower lash line)
Maybelline Nudes Palette BUY HERE
(ShadeNo. 1 – In the Inner corner of the eye
ShadeNo. 5 – In the crease
ShadeNo. 8 – In the outer V of the eye and outer 1/3rd of the lower lash line
ShadeNo. 7 – On the upper lid)
Tips For Wearing Brown Smokey Eye Makeup during the day
- DO define your brows. DON’T go too dark.
- DO conceal your under eye area if you have dark circles else the brown smokey eye makeup will make you look like Manjulika 😛
- Skip dramatic false lashes, if at all required, you can use the individual lashes or a good mascara can do the needful.
- DO NOT make the inner corner of the lower lash line too smoked out. (not suitable for a day wear smokey look)
- Opt for a medium brown over a dark brown look.
- Keep the blush very subtle. DONOT use a bright pink one at all!
Hope this post was helpful, let me know what you think in the comments section below.