If you have been following my blogs for a while, you would already know that my comfort zone lies in softer neutral looks. Since past couple of months, I have been quite experimental and letting the old habits break. I had so much fun trying my hand on cut crease, halo eye makeup looks and a super bold lip was the next thing on the list. Finally, after the longest time of shying away from dark lipsticks, I finally tested the boldest lip shade in my collection.
Winter Makeup Tutorial
We have already stepped in the cold months of the year.. It’s time for some socks, gloves and bright lipsticks! In this post I shall try my best to help you pick right products and shades for your perfect winter makeup.
Before we proceed, a quick glance at the warm and cool tones. During winters it’s a good idea to stay in the warm tone territory.
Winter Makeup Guide
- Opt for BB and CC creams over mattifying foundations to avoid dry patches. These creams provide a higher degree of miniaturization to the skin, which is exactly what you want.
- For Blush, use a warm tone blush, such as peach or coral.
- If choosing bright shades, opt for more of oranges or reds (with orange undertones), or deep purple.
- If choosing light/ nude shades, caramel, peach, coral can be some good options.
- Pencil eyeliners look great! They add more warmth to the overall look.
- Go ahead and try on some good deep browns and greens.
- While playing with eye shadows, softer matte shades can do a good job.
Lakme CC Cream
Maybelline Duo Blush (Peach)
Maybelline Eye Pencil – Emerald Green
Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara (Full review HERE)
Maybelline Lip Gradation – Orange 1
You too can give in your suggestions or tips. I would love to hear from you 🙂
2015 Winter Makeup Favourites
For me winters are too cold to look pretty! This is when my dressing-up-mode gets switched OFF. My hands feel too cold to be patient with the art work on my face… Also, I feel my skin aching to be left alone. My vanity goes on a semi-hibernation and is bought into use only during wedding or parties. Some of my winter makeup essentials are:
1. Maybelline “The Colossal” Liner
It is all I need on my eyes throughout winters. It lasts about 8 hours after which it starts to smudge and loose its intense sharp look. It is absolutely quick and easy to apply letting your hands rush back to those warm gloves!
2. Nivea – Fruit Shine Cherry
A cherry tone and flavour lip balm adds instant brightness to the face and provides the required moisture to refrain your lips from chapping. The colour tint does not last long enough, It stays for about an hour or two. It requires touch-up 2-3 times a day!
3. Nivea Soft Creme
It’s a water based moisturiser and works best for me. It doesn’t feel heavy in the face like other cold creams do. Its absolutely non-sticky. I apply this twice on my face one in the morning, immediately after a bath. And once at night after a refreshing face wash.
This was all about my winter time favourites. You too can put in your thoughts in the comments section below 🙂