Going to bed without removing your makeup is one of the worst damages you can do to your skin, and it can make you age quickly, causing dry skin, enlarged pores, and wrinkles. This information is one to keep at the back of your mind where makeup is concerned.
However, what if an unforeseen day comes up and you’re out of wipes? Do you have any quick solutions to remove your makeup without wipes or a makeup remover?
How To Remove Makeup Without Makeup Remover
Listed in this article are natural ways and methods you can use to take off your makeup if you don’t have a makeup remover handy.
1. Coconut oil
Coconut oil is an easy way to remove makeup. Just put a little amount on your palm, rub it all between your palms, and then gently massage it onto your face.
Afterwards, rinse the oil off.
2. Aloe Vera
Many know about the fantastic benefits that Aloe Vera comes with, but only a very few are aware that this excellent plant-based product is a tremendous makeup removal tool.
• Mix one tablespoon of olive oil with one tablespoon of Aloe Vera gel
• Dab with cotton to apply it on your face. It will swiftly remove any kind form of makeup on your face.
3. Rose water and Jojoba oil
Rosewater and jojoba oil combined are suitable for all skin types, but it’s mostly for dry skin. Rose water refreshes the skin and leaves it supple, while jojoba oil provides anti-inflammatory and antioxidant.
• Mix your jojoba oil and rose water in a jar or bottle. Then, shake.
• Use a cotton pad or ball to apply to your face and eyes.
Use a dry clean cloth to gently any makeup that’s left behind.
4. Olive oil
Remove your makeup with olive oil by:
Add a few drops of the oil to your face and then massage it.
Wipe off the excess oil with a clean cloth or a cotton pad.
Rinse off your face with warm water or a cleanser when the makeup residue has been removed.
5. Baking Soda and Honey
To use this method, put a little organic honey on a clean cloth, sprinkle in some baking soda, and then clean your face with it. Baking soda combined with love is an excellent cleanser and exfoliator. Gently rub it into your face and complete the process by rinsing it.
Removing Waterproof Mascara
Waterproof mascara is a great makeup product because it can withstand exposure to sweat and tears, and even rain falling on you.
Unfortunately, taking off Waterproof mascara can be a bit of a challenge
While there are strong makeup removers that can efficiently take off even the most stubborn waterproof mascara, there’s a more straightforward, cheaper, and natural method to help users in place of a makeup remover.
6. Using baby oil
For the longest time, baby oil has been used as a makeup remover, especially eye makeup. Here’s how to remove mascara with it:
• Get a swab of cotton wool and dampen it with a baby oil
• Close one eye and start wiping your lashes in a single direction. Apply gentle pressure while doing this, so you don’t tug on your lashes. Work from your eye’s inner corner and along your eye line.
• Repeat the same on your other eye.
• Rinse with warm water and gently rub the treated area around your eyes.
Clean your face with a fresh towel and dab
7. Use petroleum jelly
• Wash and dry your hands to prevent germs or dirt from transferring to your eyes while taking off your makeup.
• Place a little amount of petroleum jelly on your palm.
• Put your finger into the jelly and rub it on your eyelashes. Coat your upper lashes with your thumb and forefinger. Then, use your forefinger to carefully rub some of the product on your bottom lashes.
• Allow it to soak on your lashes for at least 5 minutes.
• Now, clean your eyelashes with a cotton pad soaked in warm water. Gently wipe your lashes with the cotton pad to remove the mascara and the petroleum jelly. Wipe from root to tip in a downward motion to avoid getting either product into your eyes
• Once your eyelashes have been wiped clean, wash the area around your eyes to remove any remaining residue.
• dry towel.
Use Olive oil
• Splash water on your eyelids; this will prevent your eyelids from becoming too greasy because of the oil.
• Dampen a cotton pad with 2-3 drops of olive oil.
• Gently press the pad coated with olive oil against your eyelashes for at least 1 minute. The oil will help break down your mascara.
• After a minute, wipe away the mascara residue in one downward direction. Rub the pad underneath your eye upward to remove the mascara from your lower lashes.
• Olive oil is rich in several skincare benefits, so instead of wiping off the residue. You can let it soak into your skin while you reap its benefits.
How to Remove Lip Makeup Without Makeup Remover
Using Vaseline petroleum jelly
Apply a small amount of Vaseline on your lips and leave it to sit for 3-5 minutes. Afterward, wipe your lips with a damp towel, and it will all come off.
Using lip balm
You can easily take off your lipstick if you have lip balm. Rub the balm over your lips and leave it on for a minute. Then, gently rub a crumpled tissue paper in a circular motion to get it off your lips.
Using Olive oil to slide it off
You can also use some olive oil to take lip makeup off. Just put some of it on your lip and wait a few minutes. Afterward, wipe it all off with a swab of cotton.
Using honey and brown sugar to exfoliate
An exfoliator is a sure way to remove any residue of lip makeup, remove dead skin cells and reveal smoother lips.
For your homemade exfoliator, mix honey and brown sugar of the same quantity in a small bowl and rub the mixture over your lips for about 30 seconds. Then, wipe the excess off with a piece of tissue. Apply a hydrating lip balm
Removing makeup with water
It is quite possible to remove your makeup with water. However, water won’t be able to properly break down the product or get all of it off your skin. Also, you’ll need to rub vigorously to take it off completely, which might hurt your skin.
What if you added soap to the water
Using soap with water to take off your makeup will work but require you to pull and scrub at your face to remove the residue, which isn’t great for your skin.
Most makeup products are oil-based; soap and water will slide over in foam beads when it comes in contact with makeup without really taking it off.
If you have sensitive skin, you should be very careful about a lot of makeup removers out there, it might be time to give the natural methods listed above a trial.
Use whatever method works best for your skin. Just ensure to avoid the ones your skin might react harshly to.
Also, remember always to take off your makeup before you go to bed to give your skin room to breathe and renew itself. Now that you learned natural, easy ways to take your makeup off, you have no excuse to go to bed without taking your makeup off.